Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic

Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:17:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: Indy kochte@stsci.edu
>PSB, I believe, is the inate ECM that is below the abstracted level of
the game that throws off or decoys the missiles that miss.

I think I was the one to say that....but I don't necessarily agree
that's
how it *should* be.
-- One would expect a NAC cruiser to have better defenses than a PAU
destroyer, and a PAU destroyer to have somewhat better than an unarmed
merchie.
-- It ought to be possible to use ECCM or advanced missiles to counter
ECM,
or to knock out a target's ECM on thresholds or with needles.

I'd be happier if missiles had a chance to hit what they're supposed to,
rather than "nearest target."  If you're operating as a banzai jammer
this
turn, you ought either to attract missiles from a longer distance than
6mu,
or you ought to be hit be all six missiles from each salvo.
  Or a salvo could be split among multiple targets-- if only one missile
locks onto your DD, then maybe another one has gotten lost but the
remaining four have gone after the BB behind it.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic