Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic

Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:00:18 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic

Doug Evans wrote:

> > PS Yes, I do paint minis at work while standing SAR duty.
>
> Hours/days/weeks of boredom, minutes of panic; yours is not the only
job so
> defined. People who would complain just don't get it.
>
> As to the workshop, the real test would be if it would get me to
paint, and
> not pitch the figure as soon as the first steps were complete. I don't
even
> have the faith to try to finish anymore.

I felt much the same way for a long, long time. Then a few years ago
Stuart Murray ran the first painting seminar/clinic event at ECC.
Laserlight
and others were also in attendance (though I don't know why, as I was by
far the worst painter of the group!). Stuart gave some great hints and
suggestions for how to improve our painting skills/techniques. I got a
*lot* out of it. Enough that with a couple of his basic techniques for
improving the look of minis, I've even won high places a couple of times
at the ECC painting contest (okay, granted, the competition during those
times was nothing to write home about, either; my not-writing-home-about
entries were just a wee bit better because of Stuart's tutilege;
however,
that all said, if REAL painters had entered their stuff in the same
category, I would have been still blown away ;-).

In any event, should you ever make it out, Doug, and there is a painting
seminar going on by either Stuart or Rick, I say sign up for it. They do
help. :-)

Mk

Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: Re: GZG ECC Painting Clinic