Prev: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct Next: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

From: damosan@c...
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:25:51 +0000
Subject: Re: Ground Zero Games Convention/Interesting game construct

> The biggest heartburn I have is this:  If the Full Thrust defense
> works out well, then the invader will not have the assets to
> sucessfully fight the DSII scenario.	The only way to remove that risk
> is to make the FT scenario so badly unbalanced that it is a foregone
> conclusion from the beginning.  Which makes it a boring scenario.

I guess it depends on the back story somewhat.	If the scenario is
written such that Invasion of Planet X occurs no matter what then your
FT game can simply be the "first wave in."

Sure...the defenders may b!tchslap the attacker...but wave N+1 makes it
through.   Or perhaps it's wave N+2.

The end result is that the DS GM has a certain force org. chart for
his/her game.  If the FT game went well for the attacker perhaps they
get a few Elite platoons added to the force chart?

If the defenders did well then perhaps they were able to slip in
additional off-world assets due to the spanking they gave to the
attackers?

--
Damo