Prev: Re: [VV] Gate Defense Next: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Re: [VV] Gate Defense

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:53:24 -0800
Subject: Re: [VV] Gate Defense

Warbeads@aol.com wrote:

> *Looks like I have a few books to read*
> *Gracias,
>
> *

John's right. The Starfire novels cover warp point assaults in
exhaustive detail. The technological assumptions are specific to that
universe, but some of the points are generally valid. Try, oh, "In Death

Ground" and "The Shiva Option". They're the highest-tech and have many,
many battles - almost all warp point assaults. They're also the most
widely available right now. Pity he's unlikely to do anything about the
Rigellians. As novels they're kind of depressing, the casualties the
Arachnids inflict are horrific. I gave up on  Starfire because warp
point assaults are depressing.

You can do some graduate work on wormhole strategy by reading the
Vorkosigan Saga. It's got warp point assaults, changing technology and
lots of astropolitical theory in a wormhole setting.

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov/er/seh/ricetalk.htm

Prev: Re: [VV] Gate Defense Next: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL