Prev: Re: [VV] Gate Defense Next: Re: [VV] Gate Defense

Re: [VV] Gate Defense

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:31:47 EST
Subject: Re: [VV] Gate Defense

johnmatkinson@gmail.com writes:

Let me	finally throw my .02 Euro in:

<snip 1 through 3>
Point  Four:
Enough about Gibralter already.  Space is neither an  ocean with tiny
chokepoints where you can build fortresses, nor is it like  land
warfare with mountains and passes and whatnot.	A warp point is  not
"like" Gibralter or the Cumberland Gap, or the Suez Canal.  A  warp
point is a warp point.

Point Five:
If you havn't read at  least two of the Starfire novels AND/OR played a
dozen warp point assaults  in the Starfire game system, please shut the
hell up because you're	rehashing points that are made in those places
with a good deal more  coherency.

John
<snip>

So, your point is... {VBG}

John, I love the fact that you cut straight to the chase (over	bodies
sometimes, yes...) and that you have grasped an essential point of Air
Warfare -
the 3rd dimension makes a lot of 'standard' realities from land/sea
warfare no
longer relevant for Air warfare (or in this case the 'beyond the 3D
limitation because of hyperspace' extension).  I suppose Subs have some
of  that 3D
aspect but littoral warfare affects even Subs.	Which is why I	really
prefer
thinking of FT as a quasi-Air Combat game more then a quasi-naval  game.
 But
then, as an ex-USAF guy, I would.

Looks like I have a few books to read
Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [VV] Gate Defense Next: Re: [VV] Gate Defense