Prev: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Re: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:09:38 -0600
Subject: Re: Platoon Ldr and Sgt in SG2

The GZG Digest wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 05:06:59 -0500
 > From: Adrian Johnson <adrian@stargrunt.ca>
>
> Tom Barclay wrote about this back at the end of 2001.  Take a peek
> his articles at:

http://www.stargrunt.ca/rules/sg2_platoon_sergeants/sg2_platoon_sergeant
s.htm

> and

http://www.stargrunt.ca/rules/sg2_leaders_as_individuals/sg2_leaders_as_
indi
>  viduals.htm

That would probably work. Thanks, Adrian!

> In "all infantry" games, I normally don't bother with this level of
> detail. I figure that, as John Atkinson pointed out, there is usually
> only one Platoon Leader and that person is giving the orders.  The
> Platoon Sergeant is implementing them, and the whole process is
> abstracted into the way the rules work as written.

The only thing that bothers me about abstraction like this is that you
don't get squads deploying within platoons like you do in real life. I
was wondering about rules to help enforce realistic squad dispositions.

--

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net    agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets