Prev: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:34:40 +0100
Subject: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:03:46 +1100, Owen Glover <oglover@bigpond.com>
wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Just throwing a little something extra in; the GMS/P is guided
therefore
> you would be resolving the Guidance vs ECM, something like d8 or d10
vs
> d4 rather than a Firepower roll n'est pas?

But you're not resolving whether it hits a large target and if so, how
solidly it hits.  You're resolving wether the blast tears up some
bushes, or puts shrapnel into some soldiers near where it hit.	The
guidance system won't track on individuals unless they change things
drastically.  And since it would never be doctrine to shoot them at
individuals, it won't change.  Might set up to track PA suits and you
could resolve that with guidance vs ECM, but then it would be a direct
hit on one person and the rest of the squad would be in little danger
if they are properly dispersed.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: RE: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets Next: Re: [SGII] Fire of AT Missiles at disperesed tagets