Prev: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet Next: Re: Piquet

RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:29:33 +1000
Subject: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

G'day

> From the sounds of it Piquet != Fun.

Well it does tend to be a love it or hate it system. I think it comes
down to what you're looking for in a game. I think its heaps of fun, but
I know not everyone does.

Nevertheless my dwarves will be able to live long on the tales of the
time they held those crossroads in the field, turning to cover the flank
just in time, sending those elves flying with shock at finding a
deployed line of colonial dwarves rather than a juicy flank of half cut
miners with pick axes... and they will never admit that if the cards had
fallen just that little different (for instance of the card two cards
away had come up two cards earlier) that they would have run from the
field with helmed elven knights in hot pursuit.

As you may have guessed the other bit I like about Piquet is the story
telling potential and how easy it can then be adapted for more unsual
situations... like the TOW (Piquet campaign system) we have planned for
the Kra'Vak invasion of Tasmania.... DS and SG on land I really know the
lie of ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet Next: Re: Piquet