Prev: RE: Piquet Next: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:21:00 +1000
Subject: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet

G'day,

> The one large issue with Piquet system is the complete
> randomness of it.

Which is the bit I love ;)
And that's why some people loathe it. I can fully understand why people
with little free time for gaming would hate that, but in my perverse way
I actually enjoy that as that's what can happen in realy battles. That's
the factor I like, can I cope with the one-sidedness and is there
anything I can do to still come out on top.

> I think a better method would be to split initiative down
> to groups or units....
> This will provide a range of possibilities...

Not a bad idea and like I said there are as many impetus variants as
people who played the game probably ;)

Another is having hands of cards, or both rolling vs a D12, or pulling
from a numbered card deck, or pulling dominos, or getting what you roll,
or...

;)

Beth

Prev: RE: Piquet Next: RE: Initiative - was RE: Piquet