Prev: NAC 3-round missile launcher == GMS(P)? Next: DS3 Artillery was Re: DS3 design (long)

Re: GMS was Re: DS3 design (long)

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:05:06 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GMS was Re: DS3 design (long)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, J L Hilal wrote:

> --- John K Lerchey <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, J L Hilal wrote:

<snip>

> A) although the TOW launchers on the Humvee and the Bradley have one
or
> two ready rounds, they both have a much larger number stowed in the
> vehicle for reloading.

Good point.

> B) how many of your missile tanks fire more than 8 volleys in a game?

It happens.  Sometimes. Not often. :)

> <snip>
>

>> I would not mind an option for a lower cost launcher that has limited
>> missiles *for those who think that it fits their genre and design
>> options*, but I don't want to to lose the current model of the GSM
>> being, in effect, a direct fire weapon with a different resolution
>> system (targeting system vs ECM instead of vs signature).
>>

> I see it just the opposite:  a system with unlimted missiles should
> take up more capacity than the present numbers <shrug>

I'm not sure I see the "opposition" here, but I'll take your word for
it.
:)  Yes, I agree that a limited number of shots system should be smaller

than an unlimited (for game purposes) number of shots system. :)

John

Prev: NAC 3-round missile launcher == GMS(P)? Next: DS3 Artillery was Re: DS3 design (long)