Prev: Re: Flanking Maneuver - was RE: % of front shots Next: Re: Flanking

Re: Facing was: Well, too interesting

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Facing was: Well, too interesting

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> [...]

*SNIP*

> I know no set of war games rules that explicitly
> reproduces this pattern.
> They usually make the diagonals the point where the
> enemy starts to "hit the
> side armour".

A couple of ideas:

1.  You can always PSB it that the armor is more
rounded in the future, or the armor rating for any
side is an average of head-on and glancing, and just
ignore the issue.
2. If you want to simulate it, there are a couple of
ways.  I'm not sure if I'd advocate them for the basic
rules, but they might be useful HR's:
2a.  Any To Hit roll that rolls the minimum needed to
hit, scores only a glancing shot, and suffers either a
damage class penalty or a 1 range band validity
penalty.
2b.  roll a Dx for every hit.  If the result is a 1,
then it's a glancing hit.

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: Flanking Maneuver - was RE: % of front shots Next: Re: Flanking