Prev: Re: Facing was: Well, too interesting Next: Re: Help needed

Re: Flanking

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Flanking

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> [...]

And that would be information shared before the start
of the game.  But John's assertion still stands, and I
still think that "Having greater variety in armor
configurations will mean I have to spend more time
looking at stat sheets" is a poor argumant against
variable armor levels per facing.  Let's not chase
hares too far.

> > No it doesn't.  Yes, you can set your facing
> however you want at the end
> > of your move, but it's  FIFTEEN MINUTE TURN.
> Hell, I can face my car
> > anyway I want in a small alley in under 1 minute.
> You can't do this on
> > open ground with a tank??
> >
> > Once the oppenent has moved, if you *had the
> movement* to get into a
> > flanking position, then you could react and do
> flanking shots.  I stand my
> > earlier contention that the movement rates in the
> game combined with the
> > weapons ranges inhibit the ability to outflank
> anything.
>
> Ymight still face the choice of which of two widely
> separated enemies to
> face.

You might.  But what's the relevance of that point
for/against the argument that the movement rules
aren't too abstract WRT facing?  Again, watch for
rabbit holes.

> Also, there really should be rules that allow tanks
> to be shot at while they
> are moving.

The opportunity Fire rule already does, but I agree,
it hsould be expanded upon.

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: Re: Facing was: Well, too interesting Next: Re: Help needed