Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [OT] I need a reality check

Decommission troops Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2109

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:42:17 EDT
Subject: Decommission troops Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2109

In a message dated 7/24/04 10:28:46 PM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

<< Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:02:25 PDT

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>

Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:03:39 +0100 Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>

writes:

<snip>

>What about cybertech? Another thread talks about the US army

>giving free plastic surgery to troops. What about high tech forces

>giving free cybertech?

Makes decommissioning take on a whole new meaning.  Today you

decommission ships. Then you would need to decommission troops rather

then have these guys running around in 'civilian' society. >>

Why would U have to, 1 of the staples of Some SciFi stuff is the
cyberwear.
 I think that might depend on Power.

Maybe a few old Space Marines, retire to a small village after a long
service
life.  Still have some of their cyberwear, andthen bandit/pirates
invade.
Sounds like interesting urban warfare, especial if teh locals don't know
of the
cyberwear.

But I have to admit I wouldn't mind seeing rules for Cyberwear in SG, or
when
it is publish FMA.

Have a Good One,

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: [OT] I need a reality check