Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:02:25 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:55:52 +0900 "Edward Lipsett \(work\)"
<translation@intercomltd.com> writes:
>There was a story called "Hawk among Sparrows" by superb SF author
>Dean
>McLaughlin. <snip>.
>Fun read.
>
>But your point is taken...
>
>=============
>Edward Lipsett
>Fukuoka, Japan
>
>>   I think that anything more than 1-2 tech levels difference means
>> that the low-tech side cannot win a battle.

I remember that story.

Very fun to consider the assumptions we make that high tech always wins
easily.

And there is a point I had not mentioned.  Too often we want a game to
play like as book reads or a movie plays.

 While I push O. O.'s buttons to pick up ideas he really does have a
very
good point.  It doesn't play like war in the 'near future' in my mind
either.  The thread on what it should have is interesting and hopefully
the play test list is  making progress on many of these changes.

I still say the title would really benefit from a change if DS 2 was
replaced by a game like has been described.  But the game would not so
much be an improved DS 2 as a radical make over of DS 2.  But the name
change issue is a non-issue.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class