Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:47:04 PDT
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

My bad.  I deleted the posts to save space on this old 486 and wasn't
sure.

Yes, two issues.

Actually I agree with you but I think it was done to retain simplicity
in
the system.  I don't question it might be okay to have more 'tubes' per
vehicle.  I think a multiple RFAC/1 (how about class 3 with 6 barrel
turret with a PDS/Basic?) vehicle should be able to be fielded.  Would I
do so for 'my army' (not the flawed creations I use in the games I run)
?
 Probably not unless I had a special application that called for it in
the game.  But yes, the rules are possibly unduly restrictive but it
doesn't usually bother me because I accept it as part of the simplicity
of the	game system.

So we agree the design rules are flawed but we disagree that they need
be fixed because we have a different desire for the game system (it
appears.)  And that's okay.

Prophecy <grin> time!  I prophesy that DS 3 will not become published
before December 31, 2007.  And maybe not Ever.	Too few tread heads
versus grunts versus Vacc-heads to make it a high enough priority for
Jon
T.  As long as he keeps making miniatures, that's okay with me.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:10:18 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
<greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:
>No, it was NOT me who first brought up infantry, so
>dont pin it on me! And the issue is really separate of
>sf vs rl as well! I just think the rule limiting a
>vehicle to a number of weapons equal to its class is
>redundant and overly restrictive, and so far Ive yet
>to see a relevant counterargument.
>--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
><warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
>> Now,  was that a cop out? <grin>
>>
>> Capacity rules include Fire Teams but not as weapons
>IMO.  YMMV.
>>
>>  I must say that someone (not you?) brought up the
>Fire Teams as weapons
>> systems so I was responding to that.  I think the
>rules, flawed and
>> unrealistic as they are, still work well as a game.
>And I am interested
>> in the game, not a simulation of reality.
>>
>> Been there, done that in real life.	And as long as
>you ignored human
>> factors the simulations work.
>>
>> But that's the fun stuff in a game.
>>
>> Gracias,
>> Glenn
>>

>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:18:29 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
>> <greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:
>> >fine, but my issue has nothing to do with fire
>teams.
>> >Again, its with the rule overall.
>> >--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
>list.
>> > I still think Fire

>> >Lerchey
>issue,
>> >unless my reading
>just
>> >re-read the vehicle
>have
>> >one *weapon system*
>about
>> >limits on

>as
>the
>> >rule
>> >carry to
>> >alone?

>reference.

>> >following

>greywanderer987@yahoo.com

>> >owner of
>lists
>> >when

>> >you've

>>>IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT

>members,
>> >and

>Fans
>> >of
>Games
>> >Ground
>rule
>> >will
>> >> >
>=== Message Truncated ===
>

>=====
>"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
>you are."
>
>- Anonymous

>Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class