Prev: Re: [FullThrust] There r nu rules being Playtested to compute CombatValue Next: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:32:40 +0100
Subject: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

>So, I had commented earlier that there is no real role for the
>company commander in DSII.  Basically, the unit commander controls
>the Leadership and Quality of the unit, and is built in.  The force
>commander isn't *required* and only provides the ability to rally,
>and to cause a massive
>confidence test in the event of his demise.
>
>I've come up with something that I think would make command
>elements, at the company level and force level more interesting and
>more valuable.
>
>If you're so inclined, please take a look at:
>
><http://okapi.andrew.cmu.edu/lerchey/www/DSII/command.html>
>
>I haven't play tested it yet, but as soon as my gaming group is
>available again I plan to. :)

Some interesting thoughts, John - with certain parallels to a few
ideas I've recently been working on myself - more on these at some
later date....	;-)

As Beth has mentioned, I think you may have got the allocation of the
command chits backwards - shouldn't it be Leadership 1 = 3 chits, 2 =
2, 3 = 1 chit?

Now you've got me thinking about DS2/DS3 again, when I should be
doing other stuff.... <mutter, mutter>	;-)

Jon (GZG)