Prev: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces Next: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:34:45 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: TOE was: Re: Mixed Tech forces

Beth and Jon,

Thanks for pointing that out.  I shouldn't write while I'm tired. :)

I've fixed it.	I reversed the number of chits so that better is better,

and have made the command ranges static based on type of commander (24"
for company commanders, 36" for force commanders).

John

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Ground Zero Games wrote:

>> So, I had commented earlier that there is no real role for the
company
>> commander in DSII.  Basically, the unit commander controls the
Leadership
>> and Quality of the unit, and is built in.  The force commander isn't
>> *required* and only provides the ability to rally, and to cause a
massive
>> confidence test in the event of his demise.
>>
>> I've come up with something that I think would make command elements,
at
>> the company level and force level more interesting and more valuable.
>>
>> If you're so inclined, please take a look at:
>>
>> <http://okapi.andrew.cmu.edu/lerchey/www/DSII/command.html>
>>
>> I haven't play tested it yet, but as soon as my gaming group is
available
>> again I plan to. :)

> Some interesting thoughts, John - with certain parallels to a few
ideas I've
> recently been working on myself - more on these at some later date....
 ;-)