Prev: Re: Combat Point Value Revisited Next: Re: Combat Point Value Revisited

Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

Hi All,

I don't have a lot of commentary to add, but do have one of my
battalions
written up.  You can view it at
<http://okapi.andrew.cmu.edu/lerchey/www/DSII/8th.html>.

I put in the vehicle stats from memory, so I may be off a touch here or
there, but will try to get them updated this week, just to make sure
that
they're accurate.

> 36 combat vehicles plus support units below).  A little light in
numbers
> you say?  Well, true but the trend has been smaller forces as the
> technology increases so I projected this a tad bit smaller then most
of
> the Cotu groups I have.  What do you guys run in your Battalion sized
> units?

So, my breadkdown is as follows...

4 Command MICVs, 24 MBTs, 12 Tank Destroyers, 12 Support (SLAM) tanks, 6

Artillery (plus ammo tenders), 6 APCs (with PA units), 5 ADS, 2 ARV,
8 Recon, 4 Gunships (VTOL).

I had originally planned this for OGRE games, but modified a lot of
stuff
so that I could use it, or elements of it, in stock DSII games.

Prev: Re: Combat Point Value Revisited Next: Re: Combat Point Value Revisited