Prev: Transatlantic money (was Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted) Next: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

[DS2]Grav Armor from Orbit

From: "Christopher Downes-Ward" <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:21:02 +0100
Subject: [DS2]Grav Armor from Orbit

Many year ago before I discovered Dirtside I, I used to play Grav Armor
(http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_gravarmor.html), there are a couple of
concepts in here that are I can not remember seeing in Dirtside but I'm
sure would translate OK.

As well as drop infantry Grav Vehicles are allowed to use their Grav
Drives to descend from Orbit, at the cost of spending a turn disrupted
and being pretty vulnerable as they drop. In Dirtside terms you could do
this just by allowing a Grav vehicle to descend onto the table being
treated as a VTOL in High mode as their entire movement for the turn and
in the following the turn they must land on the table and spend the turn
stationary. In addition Grav vehicles can travel in high mode just like
VTOL's.

Vehicles can be equipped with active defences described as "tiny
multi-barrel turrets with counter-missiles, aerosol screens, waves of
charged particles, etc" these can add to the firepower of the unit at
short range. This could be modelled by allowing PDS systems to act as
APSW's, possibly at the cost of not being able to act as PDS's that
turn.

Chris Downes-Ward

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com

Prev: Transatlantic money (was Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted) Next: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted