Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: [DS2]Grav Armor from Orbit

Transatlantic money (was Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:51:54 +0100
Subject: Transatlantic money (was Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted)

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:21:24AM +0100, Tony Francis wrote:

>We ask for sterling cheques because we attract rather painful charges
>this end in cashing them - I know we ended up doing one small order
from
>the states effectively for nothing because the charges on the cheque
>exceeded its value ! Now unfortunately we will simply return any order
>that comes with a cheque in anything other than sterling because it's
>not economical for us to cash it.

I know one small publisher (one-man operation) in the UK which does a
lot of business with the USA; it maintains a US$ bank account
specifically so that cheques can be paid in and the money extracted in
bulk, since there's usually a large static component to the charge as
well as a percentage-based one.

Roger

Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: [DS2]Grav Armor from Orbit