Prev: Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

From: <s666@f...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:05:11 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

> On 11 Apr 2004, at 22:12, <s666@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> > Are you using PC or Mac? From what I have heard, Adobe 6 flirts with
> > usefulness in the PC version, but the Mac version is only good as a
> > paperweight.
>
> No issues pulling down the file under MacOS X 10.3.3 (Panther) using
> Safari. Preview 2.1.0 opens it fine. Admittedly, I snagged it with a
> DSL connection.
>
> Acrobat Reader 6 is fine under OS X, but very slow to open. It
> certainly beats Acrobat 5.... he says, filling in, as he connects the
> iBook over the network to the iMac...

Not in my experience. I've used both versions of Adobe at work on Mac
platforms, and have found Adobe 6.0 to universally suck on them. I've
had
to convert some documnets to PDF and it takes forever with 6.0.

5.0 works fine (this is using either Panther or Jaguar).

YMMV.

Sean

Prev: Re: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede