Prev: Re: UNSC ship pics Next: RE: UNSC ship pics

Re: UNSC ship pics

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:03:04 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC ship pics

On 29 Mar 2004 at 9:44, Grant A. Ladue wrote:

>    So, this brings me to a question about the UNSC minis.  It seems
>    clear from  the pics that the main "wing" in front of the engines
goes horizontal

Mainly because the hole for mounting the stand is normally in this
section. Otherwise you could mount them vertically if you liked.

Would work okay for the strike and light cruises but the forward hull
might obscure the weapons pods on the heavy and escort. Not good to
have your main weapons firing straight into the back of your bridge.
:-(

>  It also seems that the bracket for the engines should be horizontal.

'should be'? Whose minis do you think these are?

Mine are all vertical.

>  What's the proper  orientation for the engines themselves though?

With the exhausts pointing backwards. ;-)

>  All of the engines
>  for the cruisers on up seem to be the same, so presumably they should
>  be installed the same.  So, should they be in "diamond" formation
>  with one point of the engine up, or should they be in "square"
>  formation with a flat edge up?

I mount mine in "diamond" formation.

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: UNSC ship pics Next: RE: UNSC ship pics