Prev: Re: UNSC ship pics Next: Re: UNSC ship pics

RE: UNSC ship pics

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:03:57 -0600
Subject: RE: UNSC ship pics

> > > Does anyone have a picture of the UNSC Strike Cruiser, FT-1118?
> >
> > OK, I got the kids out of my hair for a while and got my Strike
Cruisers
> > built and based and then took some pics.
> >
> > It is up on the UNSC Beta-test page and I also put up some
> better pics of a
> > couple other ships while I was at it.
> > http://star-ranger.com/UNSCpreview.htm
>
>    I could have used these last week, when I was trying to ID
> what I got in my
>  fleet buy.  At least you confirmed that I figured it out right.  :-)
>

>    So, this brings me to a question about the UNSC minis.  It
> seems clear from
>  the pics that the main "wing" in front of the engines goes
> horizontal unless
>  there are multiple large wings.  It also seems that the bracket for
the
>  engines should be horizontal.  What's the proper orientation for
> the engines
>  themselves though?  All of the engines for the cruisers on up
> seem to be the
>  same, so presumably they should be installed the same.  So,
> should they be in
>  "diamond" formation with one point of the engine up, or should
> they be in
>  "square" formation with a flat edge up?

I don't think there is a "right" way of doing them so do it what ever
way
you think looks good.  When I built my fleet, I pondered these same
questions.  In the end I decided to make them more horizontal than
vertical
if I had the choice how to mount things.  Then I rotated the engines so
they
are in a diamond formation as you put it.  Why?  I don't know,. maybe to
give the ships a bit of variation.

When Fleet Book 3 shows up, there will be an image of each ship that
might
be kinda 'official' but I don't think anyone here would be upset if you
built them differently.  Hell my BC is different than official as I
don't
like the command section for that mini and I had an extra BB, so I cut
off
the chin of the BB command section and glued on some greebles (a model
builders term for misc detail bits from who knows where) where the AMT
tubes
are mounted and used it instead.  If you think that is bad, don't even
dare
to look at Jim Bell's UNSC fleet.  Though I think he built at least one
of
every ship using the 'official' combination of parts, he has built a
bunch
of ships with unique combinations of those modular parts.

So have fun and build what you think looks good.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: UNSC ship pics Next: Re: UNSC ship pics