Prev: RE: Stealth and Fighters Next: [LST] Attack Vector: Tactical RE: Stealth and Fighters

Re: this is a first...

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:38:00 -0500
Subject: Re: this is a first...

Well...the US tresury has a simple solution to things like that...

They make a single "master" printing plate (or die) of a bill.
Then they use the master to make a "sub-master" die.
The sub master is then used to make 100 "working" dies.
Working dies actually print the money.
Each working die is used until it is worn out.	Then it is distroyed.
The operators just go back and get another working die, and keep going.
When they run out of working dies, the same sub-master die is used to
make 100 more working dies.
When a sub-master is worn out, they distroy it, and make a new
sub-master from the master die.
Master dies are only replaced by recreating the die.
And the whole long process starts over...

This means that they can keep printing the same bill for a ludicrissly
long time.

If the movie industry did something similar, say only 5 sub-master
copies of the film.
Then use these to make a "language master" for each of the major
languages.
Then use the language masters to run off all the working copies/DVDs
needed.

Home videos would be on DVD.  Each copy would be cheap and perfect.

Sounds doable to me...

Donald Hosford