Prev: Re: A simple ECC VII AAR Next: SGII: Putting together a force

Re: ECC 7 report

From: "Tony Finan" <the_nemesis@c...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:00:53 -0500
Subject: Re: ECC 7 report

----- Original Message -----
From: "John K Lerchey" <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 1:47 PM
Subject: ECC 7 report

> I then ran the War of the Worlds game.  The martain invasion of the
late
> 1890s was only a preliminary strike.	A massive recon excersize if you
> will.  The second round, in the early 1940s was much different.  The
> martian tripods and grav floaters now had shields to improve their
> defenses.  The infantry and crews had pressurized, environmentally
> sealed combat armor (powered armor) to protect them from Earths
> horrible germs and bacteria. Despite this, 6 tripods and 6 floaters
with
> 6 PA squads would have a tough time against a full battalion of U.S.
> tanks!  Even though they were only Stuarts and Shermans, there were a
LOT
> of them.  The martians, unbeknownst to the Americans, had a sinister
plan.
> They were there in the mid-west, not to kill humans, but to capture
cows!
> And sheeps!  This was a sekrit known only to the martians, though one
of
> the US tank commanders, I believe Capt. Kotche, figured it out fairly
> quickly.  The Martains did not do as well as I had expected based on
> playtest games, but mostly due to two factors.  First, the US forces
> pulled an amazing number of Boom! chits, destroying Martain Sheild
> Generators, making the Martian Tripods and Floaters much more
vulnerable
> to their 37mm and 75mm cannons.  Second, the Martains did not seem to
be
> able to hit the broad side of a Sherman at ANY range.  Tony was given
an
> Indy Singularity award for his truly, amazingly abysmal die rolls. :)
>
> Still, by the end of the evening, despite the fact that all of the
Martian
> PA was dead, 6 Floaters were burning on the field, and 3 Tripods had
been
> destroyed, the Martians escaped with 3 elements of Cows.  It seemed to
me
> that everyone had a good time with the game, and there are lots of
quotes
> from it. :)

   I'd like to report that the Martian High Command has executed those
dice
responsible for our ignoble defeat. Some day soon the great Martian race
will perfect a die that no mere human can overcome.

"Miska" Tony Finan
"I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
I'm not a hero, I'm not a savior, forget what you know
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control"  - R.O.C.
Kilroy

Prev: Re: A simple ECC VII AAR Next: SGII: Putting together a force