Prev: Re: ECC 7 report Next: RE: SGII: Putting together a force

SGII: Putting together a force

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:10:16 +0000
Subject: SGII: Putting together a force

Having returned from the convention with body and soul more-or-less
intact
(sanity, alas, was a definite casualty), I’m obliged to say that it was
as
much fun as ever.  Busier then normal, and with a disturbing amount of
sunlight this time around.

And, as always, I’ve come back from GZGECC with a resolution: Paint.
Too
much damned unpainted lead and/or pewter in this house, and it’s long
past
time that I started getting some more of it into playable shape.

The first order of business is a set of miniatures that I’ve had
for…ah…well, let’s just say that it’s been far too long.  These are Ral
Partha “Kurita Battletroops”, true 25mm miniatures from the days of
yore.

I’ve got a paint scheme in mind, and I’ve got a couple of primered
figures
ready to act as test cases, but I’m stuck on one point: unit
organization.

This is what I have to work with:
   20 Riflemen
    4  Riflemen with comlinks
	(As standard Riflemen, but with a radio sort of thing on their
helmets)
    8  Troopers with APSWs
    2  Troopers with APSWs and comlinks
	(Again, radios mounted on their helmets)
    4 Tripod-mounted Heavy Machine Guns, each with a two-man crew
  11 Troopers with SMGs
    6  Troopers with recoiless rifles, each with an accompanying loader
    6  Officers
	 (No armor, wearing caps instead of helmets, armed with SMGs)
    8  Vehicle Crew
	 (Full armor, visored helmets, carrying SMGs)

No vehicles yet, but I’ll be figuring something out for that later.

But, given the miniatures listed above, how would you organize them into
coherent force for the tabletop?  Getting more of them would be nice,
but is
pretty much out of the question at this point.	I *do* intend to pick up

some Eureka miniatures to use as powered armor for these guys (The Mark
II
Retro PA), though I've not yet decided how many.

John Crimmins

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx

Prev: Re: ECC 7 report Next: RE: SGII: Putting together a force