Prev: Re: Submittal: Rim World Concordium- Long Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:06:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

bail9672@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Why is the Initiative roll in step 3 instead of step 2 in the Turn
> Sequence?

I wrote this in 2001, so I don't recall.  Either because that's the way
it is in FT (don't know...my copy has snuck off again) or because I
didn't want anyone confused about movement being simultaneous.

> The Aft arc is mentioned in the Combat section, but no mention of arcs
> in general?

Under "Beam Weapons"

> Movement: you use Speed and Velocity, you should probably stick to one
> term, prefereably Speed.  We know what they mean and are the same

Could change that if need be.  Actually velocity and speed *aren't*
quite the same -- speed only has magnitude, velocity also has direction
(so the ending velocity is Speed 12, Direction 4).

> Putting in a second weapon system, say Pulse Torpedo

I wanted it too but I couldn't squeeze it into a single page.  Adrian
volunteered to do graphics and layout after recuperating from ECC, in
which case we might get get another paragraph in.  Bear in mind, though,

that some people still haven't recovered from last ECC -- for instance,
  I understand Jerry still flinches if you say "Mint Jelly!"

Prev: Re: Submittal: Rim World Concordium- Long Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite