Prev: Re: Galactica 2003 Next: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:24:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

--- David Rodemaker <dar@horusinc.com> wrote:

> Let's see here, Republic of Texas and the Desereet
> Empire have already been
> covered?

Yup, although I call it the Lone Star Republic (A
concession on the part of Texans to ease the
absorption of Parts/most/all of AZ,NM, CO, AR, OK, &
LA...

> I think that especially in far east coast that
> breaking things up simple by
> state would work rather well, due to the precolonial
> history that exists and
> strong sense of identity thereof.

Hmmmm.... hadn't thought of that....

> In the south, turn the area of New Orleans into a
> 'Creole' polity,

They went to Texas.

 as well
> as making a Florida a basically Latino/Hispanic
> polity.

Southern Florida joined the Carribean in forming a
Conglomerated nation called "Atlantis."

MN, WI, & MI form the "Republic of the Old Northwest,"
most of the plains states are the Native Peoples
Nation.

The Illinois,
> Indiana,

I'm thinking IL, IN, OH, KS, MO, & IA as one, TN, KT
as one, not sure what to do with WV.

> Part of the issue is what sort of tech level are you
> using? Is geography the
> deciding factor? Or is it already extant
> cultural/ethic identity?

Haveb't nailed down the tech level yet, we're probably
talking near-c travel but not FTL yet,	extra-systemic
travel takes years to the nearest colonies.

Mostly cultural, with some future changes projected,
and the occasional nod to geography.

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: Galactica 2003 Next: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners