Prev: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

Re: Galactica 2003

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:01:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Galactica 2003

> >>  > Multiple replies, and now With Spoilers, so...
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >  > >

> I see him as less of a villain than the previous incarnation of
> Baltar. He seems more like a man riding the tail of a tiger and
> doesn't know how to get off. He, however, lacks the intestinal
> fortitude to jump off and take the consequences like a man.

He's almost as bad as the orginal Baltar.  The original Baltar sold out
the
colonies except his own (according to the deal he made, but not the deal
the
Cylons altered it to...).  Why?  Lust for power, uncontrolled ambition,
status (he would be the human leader under the Cylons), and greed.  The
new
Baltar sold out the defense network for sex, lust power, uncontrolled
ambition, status, and greed.  The new Baltar is a bit more naive then
the
original (he didn't realize he was dealing with the Cylons and assumed
the
laws he broke wouldn't do anything worse then give unfair competition to
company).

> >Again, let me reiterate, I had no problem with the
> >concept of his seduction by the cylon.  What bothered
> >me was the hamfisted way the kept beating us over the
> >head with it in every other scene, just to make sure
> >we knew how important a plot point it was.

Well, the original BSG kept beating us over the head with incompetent
and
corrupt poloticians...	Personal I'd rather be beat over the head by
beautiful Cyclon then Sire Yuri...

ias