Prev: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: Galactica 2003

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:55:31 -0600
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

> I've been working on a redrawn map of North America
> for my own personal fictional background, one in which
> the political lines are redrawn after the
> balkanization of the US and Canada and a series of
> realignments among various states and provinces into
> new countries.
>
> I've finished the US west of the Mississippi as well
> as Canada and the Carribean, but I'm still working on
> the east coast and midwest.  I was hoping for input
> from some people back east on how to realign the
> states there.

Let's see here, Republic of Texas and the Desereet Empire have already
been
covered?

I think that especially in far east coast that breaking things up simple
by
state would work rather well, due to the precolonial history that exists
and
strong sense of identity thereof.

In the south, turn the area of New Orleans into a 'Creole' polity, as
well
as making a Florida a basically Latino/Hispanic polity. The Illinois,
Indiana, plains state could easily make a nice polity, and Kentucky and
the
surrounds make a nice geological divide.

Part of the issue is what sort of tech level are you using? Is geography
the
deciding factor? Or is it already extant cultural/ethic identity?

David

Prev: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: Galactica 2003