Prev: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: BITS @ Dragonmeet 2003 and Power Projection:Fleet

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:44:07 -0500
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

>I've finished the US west of the Mississippi as well
as Canada and the Carribean, but I'm still working on
the east coast and midwest.  I was hoping for input
from some people back east on how to realign the
states there.

First, it wouldn't necessarily break by state--for example, northern
Virginia might well go with DC/Maryland instead of the rest of Virginia.

Second, how big are the new nations in the rest of the country?  ie are
you
looking for nations which are about as big as part of a state, two
states,
five states, what?

If you're looking for groups of about 10 states, frankly you're going to
get the Confederacy again (maybe called something else officially but
you'll see the Rebel battle flag about five seconds later).  Yeah, some
people won't like it--but some people will just love it.  My wife's
roommate in grad school, for instance, came from Louisiana and
considered
"damyankee" to be one word. And I had a customer who spent an extra
$1000
buying from me rather than directly from the source in Pennsylvania
because
"I don't want to talk to anyone in PA, I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy
live in PA" -- this is an engineer for ITT, by the way, not Bubba with
his
backyard moonshine still.

OTOH if you're looking for smaller bts, you might just pick out the
largest
cities--eg Charlotte NC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, NYC, Boston, Miami--and
make them the capitals of your new countries.

http://mail2web.com/ .