Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: RE: 2300 AD

Re: Galactica 2003

From: "Stuart Ford" <stuart@f...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:35:13 -0600
Subject: Re: Galactica 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noam Izenberg" <noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 3:32 PM

> Multiple replies, and now With Spoilers, so...

> > If Apollo could simulate a 50kt Nuke blast off of one coil hooked to
> > the FTL
> > of "Colonial 1", how much power could the Galatica pump into a
Particle
> > Cannon, or Electron Beam?
>
> That's a broadcast signal of some kind - an EW/ECM burst if anything.
> My PSB guess is that something like that requires a fraction of the
> power of an energy _weapon_.

>From the description of what Apollo did, and it's aftermath on ship and
crew, it seems as if he generated a huge EMP.

To the sensors of the Galatica, it looked like a 50kt nuclear explosion.
 If
memory serves, that would equate to about 209 TJ of energy.  Maybe they
can
only use the FTL limited times due to a recharge off the reactor, though
still would be nice to focus that energy on a target and not radiate it
space.	=)

Stuart

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: RE: 2300 AD