Prev: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios Next: RE: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

Re: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:09:43 -0600
Subject: Re: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

***
     Since I do not have the SFB rules describing the Mauler I am using
info
I find on the web,and what you have provided,but am still unclear on how
it
cannot be destroyed until ship is destroyed (??) ; and can you explain
the
part about the hull boxes,please? Does this refer to damage effects are
charging of weapon?
***

I put the books away, so this won't be an exact quote, but it went
something like, as the ship is built around the weapon, that the ship
is,
in essence, the weapon, it's not destroyed until the ship is. Bit of a
stretch for my mind, as it would seem ANY damage to the ship would
disable
the weapon, but I'm not a 'professional engineer'.

The mauler is not a set of boxes to be marked off, just arrows on the
SSD
showing it's there. Damage is scored against power (engines and
batteries).

The part about the hull boxes was my own, rather vague, idea. As the
major
structue of the weapon and how you reduce it's effectiveness is the
energy
production and storage facilities that are the bulk of the ship, and as
FT
has no separate power recording, I thought one could try to tie the two
concepts of structure and power and reduce the weapon's effectiveness as
the ship's hull is reduced. I haven't tried to come up with numbers, so
it
may be bogus-to-the-max.

Sorry about the confusion there. I'm currently trying to dig out my EFSB
see what Alan is talking about, assuming I can make the connection.
Wouldn't be the first time he's left me in the intellectual dust.

The_Beast