Prev: Re: FT scenarios you use for Star Trek? Next: Re: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

From: "Mark & Staci Drake" <markandstaci@c...>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:48:02 -0600
Subject: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

Doug Evans replied:

>It's been many, many years since I've played SFB, but digging in the
>Advanced Missions Book, I'd have to say it's very similar in 'size' to
>D7, but the D6M has replaced many systems for the
>batteries/storage/capacitors for the mauler. The description states
that
>the weapon itself can not be destroyed until the ship is destroyed, but
>firing depends on available power, so damage can nibble at that

>Difficult to mimic with a Nova, but difficult to mimic with any FT
>mechanic, I fear.

>Also, the damage drop-off is much quicker by range than almost anything
>else, and it's a one turn fire, as opposed to the three turns of the
Nova.
>I suppose you could use three-in-one template, with a very small first
>range at double available allocated power for damage, a long middle at
>same, and short long range at half, how ever you define 'allocated
power'.
>Straight hull boxes? If so, count a row down with the first hull
damage, as
>the energy has to be tapped for the mauler in 'groups'.

***Doug, I did find a Mauler weapons effects chart on a fans SFB page
showing the range drop off with range--my idea for the Mauler weapon is
have it act as a Wave-Gun,but  with only one-turn duration and 1" wide
effect,range of 12";so adding in the range drop-off effects ,say, 4d6 at
1-2" range , 2d6 at 3-10" , and 1d6 at 10-12" ranges;Forward firing arc
only,and same charging rules as Wave-Gun.Figure I would keep it
simple.....
     Since I do not have the SFB rules describing the Mauler I am using
info
I find on the web,and what you have provided,but am still unclear on how
it
cannot be destroyed until ship is destroyed (??) ; and can you explain
the
part about the hull boxes,please? Does this refer to damage effects are
charging of weapon?
    As far as the D6 and starbases go, I plan on using the FASA
recognition
and construction manuals for a conversion--again,will try to keep it
simple.

Thanks for your input...most helpful.

Mark

Prev: Re: FT scenarios you use for Star Trek? Next: Re: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios