Prev: Re: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenerios Next: Star Trek:TOS ship stats questions.... and Scenarios

Re: FT scenarios you use for Star Trek?

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:42:02 +1100
Subject: Re: FT scenarios you use for Star Trek?

From: "Mark & Staci Drake" <markandstaci@charter.net>

> Since I am on an ST kick using FT,am wondering what scenarios others
have
> used for FT in ST universe (any era.)
> Please post ideas,links,scenarios,AAR's...whatever.
> Am looking for ideas for more scenarios and campaigns and have been
trying
> to look at all the info I can.
>
> Some sources used so far:
> SFB and FASA Trek scenarios
> FT and BFG scenario generators
> GZG archives
> net sourcebooks for Trek
>
> Would like to hear anything anyone has to say on this......thanks
again.

On excellent scenario, especially for teaching the game to newbies, is
a re-fight of River Plate.

Feds: CA Exeter, DD's Ajax and Achilles.
Klingon : Either a C8/9 or a FASA  L-24. If you wish to be Cheesy, call
it the S'Paf'G'ree

Adjust victory conditions according to player experience, and your exact
designs and PVs for each.

A reasonable design is to replace 2xP-1(180) with  2xB2(3), and a pair
of Photon Torpedos with a Pulse Torp.

ST "Shields" are best simulated by FT "Armour", then use FT Screens
to simulate "Hull Integrity Fields".

Disruptors - why not use K-guns.

It depends what you want to model : is it SFB, or is it ST:TOS according
to the TV series/Tech Manual? The two are definitely *NOT* the same.