Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: After the fact justification was: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:29:59 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

***
I dislike making the player just along for the ride
and to roll the dice.  Morale is all well and good in
ground combat where it can be demonstrated
historically that it had a real effect.  I just don't
see any modern warships refusing orders.  The commo is
too good to play stupid, and everyone on the ship
pretty much doesn't see past their piece of the pie
except the senior officers.  The black gang doesn't
know where the enemy is or really where the ship is
going, they just know what speed the Captain wants,
and they give it to him, until machinery starts
breaking down.	Likewise a gun turret crew has no
control over where the ship goes, they just shoot at
the targets--and only a moron would refuse that order
(killing bad guys ALWAYS increases survival rates).
And so forth.
***

Quite understandable, though I did move the question out of below
spaces.
So, just the commo comment addresses my thoughts. I'll rethink the term
'morale'.

Also, there are many things that pull some control out the hands of
player;
obviously, this could get way out of control.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: After the fact justification was: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons