Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:08:44 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:04:52PM +0000, damosan@comcast.net wrote:

>Back in my military days (late 80s and early 90s) they had a concept in
the Army of a lawful order.

I think that this is not something that has much practical application -
obviously it came in after WW2 (mainly so that "I was ordered to do it"
would not be a valid defence), but in practice an army that had
the troops querying every order for legality would never get anywhere.

Asking for an order to be given in writing serves much the same purpose,
though ("are you _really sure_ you want to do that, sir?").

Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons