Prev: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Brian, but I think we're all just gunshy
> enough to fill in the
> blanks with 'physics as we currently understand' or
> 'matching the worldview
> of the author' or whatever is appropriate to the
> mention of 'reality'. ;->=

Actually, that was my point exactly.  "I" didn't argue
for realism, Laserlight did.  My reply was meant to
say that arguing for one variant of Vector because it
produces weapons fire that is more "Realistic" is
fraught with peril.  Arguing for it because it fits
the esthetic you're trying to recreate for a specific
setting, that I'm a lot more comfy with.

> Me, I just use the term 'codicils'...
>
> Lovely term, codicils. Beautiful plumage...

My first instinct was to say something regarding
codpieces, but I don't want to know if you find THOSE lovely.....

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement