Prev: Cammo Hi and low tech Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

Re: (FT,SG) News Break

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:22:02 +0000
Subject: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

>From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>

>The idea I came up with, but never finished, was the equivalent of an
air
>defence environment. I was going to call it ArtDE. You called artillery
as
>in
>the standard rules, but there was a possibility that the artillery
rounds
>would be blocked inbound. Even if they made it, there would be units in

>your
>force on the table that could, possibly, stop the rounds from hitting.
If
>they
>hit, though, they would be far more accurate than currently allowed in
the
>rules.

What would that be, though?  For DSII you can have a Slammers-like air
defense network, but for Stargrunt?  I can't quite picture an
air-defense
unit that would be both effective *and* man portable.

Honest question, by the way, not a criticism.  I rather like the idea,
but
have no idea how I could represent something like this on the tabletop
in
SGII scale.

John Crimmins

Prev: Cammo Hi and low tech Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break