Prev: Modern Grunt/High tech grunt Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

Cammo Hi and low tech

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:49:36 +0000
Subject: Cammo Hi and low tech

>Interestingly, various companies and nations are looking into this.
Someone
>has produced a prototype of a suit with a laptop in front, and a
projector
>behind. The view behind the person is transmitted to the laptop in
front,
>making it look as though you are seeing through a ghost. It's very
clunky,
>not
>practical at all, only works in certain lighting conditions, and only
works
>from one direction, however the concept is there. In 200 years, with
tiny
>projectors and receivers built into a suit, who knows? Perhaps the
>chameleon
>suit used by the Predator is possible. Or perhaps grav technology will
>allow
>the bending of light rays. None of these are seen in SG2.

In the same vein, for those of you with access to the BBC, the new
series of
"Science Shack" will include an episode about making things dissapear.
One
example is similar to this projector/camera set-up, which is the basic
idea
behind the latest bond car (the gorgeous Aston Martin). The most
low-tech
idea (and from what I've seen the most effective) was when the presenter
was
wearing a suit made of lots of mirror tiles. Standing in a wood the guy
was
completely invisible, it was spooky! Watch out for it!

Richard

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Prev: Modern Grunt/High tech grunt Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break