Prev: RE: Who is going to GenCon Indianapolis? Next: RE: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day

Re: What's wrong with SF?

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:11:06 +0100
Subject: Re: What's wrong with SF?

Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:15:55 +0000, "John C" <john1x@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >Most of the bad attitudes were coming from above, and had little or
nothing
> >to do with the opinions of the general membership.  And things have
cnaged a
> >great deal; I understand that the showcase game at Historicon this
year is
> >going to be a series of battles from Tolkien's War of the Ring.
>
> There seems to be a bit of noise coming from the more vocal
"historicals
> only!" people on rec.games.miniatures.historical about this, but it's
> interesting to see just how many "die hard historical" players have
popped up
> and defended the game. It doesn't hurt that the person putting it on
is well
> known for doing elaborate, excellent looking games where everyone
involved
> greatly enjoys themselves. I think he goes by "Duke Sauron" but he's
one of
> those people where folks line up to get tickets to his events. It
should be
> awesome. I wish I could go...

AFAIK he goes by Duke Seigfreid (sp).

--
David Brewer

"The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific
Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of
facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

Prev: RE: Who is going to GenCon Indianapolis? Next: RE: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day