Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: team work wins wars wasRe: [OT] Update JohnA

Re: [OT] Update JohnA

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:07:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

>It sounds as if the 4 ID trooper has some professional jealousy.

The idea of John having professional jealousy for *anyone* is a bit
mindboggling.  From John's POV, the combat engineers are the people that
everyone else is, or should be, jealous *of*.

>both are very important. However to say that a line grunt is the
>same as the man who volunteers to be dropped from an aircraft miles
>behind enemy lines is ridiculous.

  John might say that "drops in behind enemy lines" doesn't hold a
candle
to "executes a deliberate breaching assault--an operation in which 50%
casualties is considered light, 80% perfectly acceptable".  Except he'd
phrase it a bit more pungently, I expect.
  Of course, our listers who earn their living by operating behind enemy
lines might disagree.  As for *me*, I admire the people who jump as well
as
the ones who defuse explosives for a living and the ones who "just"
carried
a rifle.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: team work wins wars wasRe: [OT] Update JohnA