Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

team work wins wars wasRe: [OT] Update JohnA

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:05:59 PDT
Subject: team work wins wars wasRe: [OT] Update JohnA

On Fri, 16 May 2003 16:07:20 -0400 "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> writes:
<snip>	As for *me*, I admire the people who jump as
>well as
>the ones who defuse explosives for a living and the ones who "just"
>carried
>a rifle.

This veteran  (USAF Medic (2 enlistments) folowed by (3 years) USAR
Supply sergeant/armorer)  has respect for anyone who wore the uniform of
their country's military.  Whether drafted or enlisted you (if you did
not realize it) just volunteered to be allowed the chance to die for
your
country.  Even 76 Yankees  - USA supply sergeants - die in wars.  The
Combat	Arms people just get more chances to do so.

I knew a 1st Lt. {RN}, years ago, in the USAF who got an impromptu
lesson
in operating a weapon one night in Vietnam - inside her hospital ward -
when it looked like sappers were  about to breach her part of the
building.   There was no time or safe route to evacuate the patients.
She said she figured it came under 'other duties' Geneva Convention or
no.  Then the 'cavalry' arrived (she wasn't sure if it had been the
S.P.,
nearby army troops or whoever and neither did she care as long as they
removed the 'bad guys.')

Point of all this - Each person sees their job as important to the
functioning of the military force they are part of and they are right.
Combined arms. Joint Operations.  No body does it all by themselves.

But then I have respect for Police, Fire fighters, paramedics and all
those who serve to save and protect.

Gracias,
Glenn
R.I.P.	Triphibious@juno.com and Dwarf_warrior@juno.com

6 mm miniatures rule!  Well, anyway in my mind they do!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA