Prev: Re: NOOOOOOooooooo!!!! Re: What scale? Next: Re: What scale?

Re: Soap bubbles?

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:00:41 +1100
Subject: Re: Soap bubbles?

From: "Randall Joiner" <rljoiner@mindspring.com>

> A question for the rest of the group:
> I haven't had a chance to playtest it, but perhaps a solid rule
limiting
> the number of fighters allowed to target a ship at any time?	Perhaps
1
> fighter (not squad) per 10 mass, with one group always being allowed?

One idea that's been mooted on the playtest list for over a year is as
follows:

a) Max 6 fighter groups allowed to attack one ship in a turn, but no
limits
on SMs or MT missiles.
b) PDS fires twice vs fighters (only), OR once vs SM/MT Missiles.

Currently this idea is out of favour, but I still like it. Requires
no change to points values, no change to FB1 fleet design philosophy,
and minimal rules. KISS.

It doesn't solve the problem of soap-bubbles, but it ameliorates it
a lot, without making small numbers of fighters all that less effective.

Prev: Re: NOOOOOOooooooo!!!! Re: What scale? Next: Re: What scale?