Prev: RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;)) Next: RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;))

RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;))

From: Brian Bilderback <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:29:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;))

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> They may just be putting in place the first steps of
> a program that will
> have to take place and come to completion in less
> than 15 years (which is
> short for such a large overhaul I'd say).

Probably.  On the other hand, I was having a chat with
a friend this past weekend WRT the speed of
technological advancement.  We were talking about how
far we came just in the 20th Century.  If backed into
a corner, we may just surprise ourselves again.

 I've had thoughts that this
> may be one of the
> potential spurs behind the slide in US power in the
> timeline, though it
> doesn't exactly explain the rise of power in other
> geographical areas ;)

Not that this means much coming from me, since I
completely ignore the official timeline and powers (I
had my own timeline in mind before I ever bought a GZG
product, so the Tuffleyverse timeline never has piqued
my fancy), but it seems that given US dependence on
oil, any advancement that decreases that dependence
strengthens the US.  Therefore, *IF* you're going to
go with official history, I'd suggest that you either
A) have the US slip as a result of shortages BEFORE
the technology saves the day, or B) Find someo ther
cause of the US fall.

Brian

=====
Qui me amat, amet et canis meum.