Prev: Re: [OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs Next: RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;))

RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;))

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:18:15 +1100
Subject: RE: [semi-OT] Fuel Cells was: Space Programs (warning future hist ory comments may arise.... ;))

G'day,

>administration suddenly become environmentally friendly?

They may just be putting in place the first steps of a program that will
have to take place and come to completion in less than 15 years (which
is
short for such a large overhaul I'd say). The worlds useful fossil fuel
stocks probably won't stretch much past 2020 if that so an alternative
has
to be brought on line fairly quickly really. Given we play in a universe
where all this has to have happened over 150 years in the past its
interesting to think about how it may have happened and what
ramifications
the timing may have had. I've had thoughts that this may be one of the
potential spurs behind the slide in US power in the timeline, though it
doesn't exactly explain the rise of power in other geographical areas ;)

Cheers

Beth