Prev: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications Next: RE: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:46:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

--- Symon Cook <Symon@ereshkigal.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> How big does you on table force need to be before it
> needs a C/C System?

Company.

> What if it doesn't have one.

Can't rally.

> How big can an on table force get before it needs
> more than one C/C
> system? What happens if it loses one?

Not defined.  Write your own doctrine.	I have a TOC
for each company and loosing it only affects that
company.  Now, if BN TOC gets wiped out, then the
whole BN gets affected.

> Does a Platoon commander need one? A company
> Commander? A Brigade?

No, Sometimes, Yes.

Company commander is out there leading by example.
His Ops Sergeant or Master Gunner is in the TOC.

> The reason I ask is I'm trying to firm up these
> rules, and maybe tie it
> in into calling Ortillery/Air stikes/Artillery.

Ah, well in US practice the Fire Support Team has a
member in the company TOC (the LT, as a matter of
fact) which coordinates requests for artillery.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com