Prev: Paint stripping Next: Taste

[SG] Converting the ASLers

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 03:45:38 -0500
Subject: [SG] Converting the ASLers

I think the mechanics you want to get across in
the first game:
	- range bands
	- opposed rolls
	- the impact of troop quality and leadership
	- command reactivations
	- suppression

These basic mechanics are some of the
strengths of the system. So if you're going to
assign two players  to a side, and 4 squads
each, I'd consider making one of the squads a
command squad just to let each player get
some reactivations.

Also, you do start with better material than
most conversions start with (GW munchkins).
These guys might actually have heard of
suppression and weapon ranges longer than a
single movement. So they might not try the
mad dash to close combat like the Orcshop
crowds (which fails badly in SG....).

Good luck. And tell them we're always happy to
have new folks in the fold, and there are some
WW2 conversions kicking about and more
people to tinker with them are always welcome
:)

Tomb
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Paint stripping Next: Taste