Prev: Re: Arab military effectiveness article was Test Next: Re: [SG] Low Quality Armies

RE: [SG] Low Quality Armies

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:25:11 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG] Low Quality Armies

You replicate higher levels of incompetence by issuing non-sensical
objectives.

For instance - Take Hill 834 regardless of casualties.	Even if there is
a heavily fortified position backed with artillery.

Or "No Retreat" otherwise you will be shot by the secret commissar in
your squad.

Or merely change objectives half-way through the game - Turn 3, instead
of capturing the HQ, destroy the fuel dump on the other side of the
board.

Alternatively, promise artillery support then "accidentally" divert it
for a "more important" objective.

Allow the enemy to lay additional minefields or have more prepared
positions than first reported - "the Major said that they hadn't
entrenched yet and it would be a cakewalk..."

It should be stuff that the players have absolutely no control over,
they just have to suck it up and keep on trucking.  Obviously less
competent armies would allow more of this to reach the higher levels of
command.

--Binhan