Prev: Re: New OUDF website Next: Re: Thinking out loud. . .

RE: New OUDF website

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:24:28 -0400
Subject: RE: New OUDF website

At 01:48 PM 9/4/02 +1000, you wrote:
>Another option is sprinkle some railway modellers ballast or sand or
flock
>over the base (with the odd small rock/bit of cork if you like), paint
over
>that with earth colour then add flock to that. I've found it to be the
>simplest, cheapest and fastest way of getting this effect. See Derek's
NSL
>by following

I use this stuff called Acrylic Gel Medium -- it's an actylic gel
(obviously) mixed with ground-up pumice stone.	It comes in several
different textures, from fine to extra-coarse, and it's really easy to
work
with -- just spread it on and let it dry overnight, and there you go.
You
can paint it however you like, and it takes paint very easily.	You
could
even mix paint with the medium before applying it to the figure, if you
were ambitious enough.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: New OUDF website Next: Re: Thinking out loud. . .